Sign up to test our internet service in Geelong!
RoCa Networks are launching a community driven internet service.
Are you in the Geelong & Surfcoast region looking for an alternative internet provider to the NBN?
Join our Test Pilot to see if RoCa Networks can be the right thing for you.
Thanks for taking the time to sign up for our test program. We want to provide the whole Geelong region with faster internet; But first we need to put it through its paces.
If you live south of the Barwon River, or in the country areas from Barwon heads, Freshwater Creek, Modewarre, Gnarwarre, Inverleigh, Bannockburn and everywhere in between, please fill out the form below, letting us know that you are interested in joining RoCa Networks.
If perhaps you live a little out of the areas above, please fill out the form below anyway so that we can better see where we might be able to extend our network.
We want to keep building our amazing network, so please let us know if you are interested.
Please note, this is a community driven venture, any information we collect will not be sold or passed on for any purpose.
We only use this data to better plan our expansions.
What you need to know:
1. Don’t cancel your current internet provider!
-We WILL have outages, whoopsies! and ‘didnt expect that’. However, as we are local, and using the same infrastructure you are using for our own internet access, they will only last for very short times (typically less than 10 minutes), however, they can last for hours. Our idea and goal, is to put this system through its paces to truly know what it is and is not capable of, no bull.
The best way around this is to keep your current internet service so that you can switch back easily.
2. If you fill out the form, we will begin a feasability study that may take a few days.
Sometimes we will com back with a ‘maybe’ and this might be dependant on a neighbour allowing the use of a msall section of their property.
Have a chat with your neighbours about their expereinces and you may find that you are both looking for a better service and we can service both of your needs at once!
3. If you live in the testing area, we might not be able to get a solid conenction due to many different enviromental factors including terrain, tree’s, council restrictions and other buildings.
4. If all the moons align correctly and we can get a service to your house, we will ned to mount a small antenna and mounting hardware on the outside of your house, then a cable will run inside your roof to somewhere convienient, and have access to a power point for the Access Point & Router.
If you dont own the residence or are renting, check with the property owner to confirm we can add this to their building.
5. We’d like to emphasize again that this is a test pilot and the service won’t always run smoothly. We’re looking for testers who are understanding that there will be outages and reductions in speed in our planned testing, and are supportive of the project by working with us during this process by providing feedback so we can build the best service possible.
6. Most importantly, Please contact us us if you notice anything going a bit haywire!
Our contact details can be found here